This chicken dish is perfect for summer! It is so easy and super simple. It requires only a few ingredients as well! I love strawberries and mangos together. Balsamic and strawberries are also a match made in heaven! So this combo really works. The mint really freshens it up! It is so bright and fresh!
Here is what you will need:
- Chicken – I used breasts here, but feel free to use thighs too.
- Mangos- the perfect tart and sweet fruit.
- Strawberries – strawberries are just coming into season and so good right now.
- Mint – such a fresh and bright herb. It pairs perfectly with the fruit.
- Balsamic Vinegar – to use as a marinade.
- Balsamic Glaze – balsamic glaze is thicker and a reduced version of balsamic vinegar. It really adds a great pop of flavor to the top of dishes. If you don’t have this in your fridge, you need it!
Feel free to marinate it as long as you want or as little. I think it is good either way. The more the better, but I have made this without marinating long too! This would be great on the grill, but I made it in a grill pan indoors and it was perfect! I have also served this over a bed of greens and topped it with a little feta and more balsamic, just as delicious!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? We’d love to see it! Please leave a comment or tag me in a photo on Instagram @sprinklesandthesmiths (click icon below)
Balsamic Chicken with Strawberry Mango SalsaCourse: DinnerDifficulty: Easy
4 x 5oz raw chicken breasts
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup diced mango
1 cup diced strawberries
1 tbsp thinly sliced mint
- Add chicken breasts and balsamic vinegar to a zip top bag and marinate 30 minutes or overnight.
- Combine mango, strawberry, and mint in a small bowl.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Grill chicken in a grill pan over medium heat until cooked through.
- Top with fruit salsa and balsamic glaze.
- MFP Entry: Sprinkles and the Smiths Balsamic Chicken with Strawberry Mango Salsa