I recently posted a broccoli and chicken salad that was one of my most popular recipes of the year so far! I decided to try putting a little bit of a pasta and Caesar twist on it! This recipe is so simple. You can use your favorite Caesar dressing or you can make your own (or use my vegan Caesar recipe, just leave out the taco seasoning). I wrote this recipe two ways. The first one is that you can make this as a meal. The serving is large, hearty, and filling. The second way is to eat this as a side. It is a smaller portion and would complement a sandwich or bowl of soup. As a meal, this makes 4 servings. As a side, this makes 8 servings.
Another choice you get to make is whether or not you want to eat this cold or hot! It is delicious both ways. It might depend on if you are eating this for lunch or dinner, or if it is a super warm day. But you can decide! I really love how easy this is and that it only takes a few ingredients. If you want to take it to the next level, you can add croutons! Carbs on carbs:)
Here is what you will need:
- Dry Pasta – I’d use a short shape here. I used bowtie, but shells, elbows, rigatoni, etc would all be good.
- Broccoli – I used fresh, which I would recommend. We blanch the broccoli to make it easier to eat, and it gives it a nice bright green color.
- Chicken Tenderloins – I just LOVE chicken tenderloins. They are so tender, duh! You can use chicken breast too if you like.
- Caesar Dressing – I love Ken’s Light Caesar. It doesn’t taste light. You can also make your own or make my Vegan Caesar recipe (just leave out the taco seasoning)
- Parmesan Cheese – Freshly grated is the way to go!
- Black Pepper – gives it a bit of zing on top!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?! We’d love to see it! Please leave a comment or tag me in a photo on Instagram @sprinklesandthesmiths (click icon below)
Broccoli Chicken Caesar Pasta SaladDifficulty: Easy
3 oz dry pasta
16 oz raw chicken tenderloins
8 oz (225g) raw broccoli florets
1/4 cup Ken’s Light Caesar Dressing (or your favorite)
4 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions. 2 minutes before the pasta is done, add the raw broccoli and boil for 3 minutes. Drain pasta and broccoli and immediately run under cold water until cooled to stop cooking.
- Meanwhile, chop chicken tenderloins into bite sized pieces. Sprinkle with your favorite seasoning. I used a garlic and herb one. Or just use salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Cook chicken in a pan until cooked through.
- Combine pasta, broccoli, chicken, Caesar dressing, and parmesan. Mix well.
- Serve with additional parmesan and cracked pepper. This can be eaten warm or cold, it is great both ways!
- MFP Entry – Sprinkles and the Smiths – Meal (if you make 4 servings, eating it as a meal)
- MFP Entry – Sprinkles and the Smiths – Side (if you make it into 8 servings, eating it as a side)