This recipe is the very first recipe my husband and I made together! We are still making it 15 years later! That means it is both EASY and GOOD! We definitely couldn’t always cook, so this one was a super simple one to start with. Anyone can make this recipe, it’s super quick. The chicken stays really juicy and tender. This dish is done in under 30 minutes and it’s kid friendly too! Kind of like a big chicken nugget!
I typically buy chicken breasts and then slice them in half so they are a bit thinner and cook faster. These were about 5 oz raw each. These would also be easy in the air fryer. I would try cooking it at 350 for 10 minutes, then check to make sure it is cooked through. We served ours with garlic green beans and some boxed Annie’s butter and Parmesan noodles. Super simple!
Garlic ChickenCourse: DinnerCuisine: American, ItalianDifficulty: Easy
4 raw chicken breasts, 5 oz each
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/3 cup fresh finely shredded parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix egg and garlic powder in a shallow bowl.
- Mix breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in another shallow bowl.
- Dip the chicken in the egg mixture then into the breadcrumbs. Shake off excess and place in a baking dish. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- Spray the chicken lightly with olive oil spray and then sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165 degrees.
- Baking time will depend on the thickness of your chicken.