Looking for a super fresh and light pizza/flatbread option? These Greek pizzas have all the fresh veggies and healthy ingredients, but have tons of flavor and you won’t feel like you are missing out! I am a sucker for Mediterranean flavors, I just can’t get enough of them. The red onion, feta, and fresh dill here really punch up the flavor. Plus, the romesco sauce…ugh I could drink it 😉
If you are familiar with romesco sauce, it is nutty, smoky, and a little sweet. It has a thicker texture and is so good on so many things. This is the perfect pizza sauce for us here! You can find it premade on occasion. Trade Joe’s has it (although theirs has canola oil I am told) and in the summer I have seen it at Costco. I lighten up my recipe, which you can find here, by using less oil.
Here is what you will need:
- Pitas – I like to use Joseph’s Flax and Oat Bran Pitas. They are low carb and low cal, and have a bit more fiber than a white pita. They taste great too!
- Romesco Sauce – buy it or make my recipe!
- Grilled chicken – buy this pre cooked or just grill up some of your own to save money.
- Red Onions
- Feta – I use reduced fat. I get mine at Aldi and it is much cheaper than the regular grocery store.
- Fresh dill – really makes it soooo good! You can also use dried.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?! We’d love to see it! Please leave a comment or tag me in a photo on Instagram @sprinklesandthesmiths (click icon below)
Greek PizzasCourse: Lunch, Dinner, Snacks, AppetizersCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
1 Pita (I like Joseph’s)
2-3 tbsp of Romesco Sauce
2 oz grilled chicken breast
2 tbsp reduced fat feta cheese
- Toast pita in oven or on top of toaster.
- Add romesco, warm or cold chicken, and veggies.
- Top with feta, onions, and fresh dill.
- MFP Entry: Sprinkles and the Smiths Greek Pizza
- I use Joseph’s pitas, the flax ones have only 60 calories and are low carb.