This chicken is so juicy and packed with flavor! I love jerk seasoning. It has great flavor and heat, just the perfect amount! After making jerk shrimp a few weeks back, I had to make chicken too. Jerk seasoning on everything! The seasoning definitely has a lot of ingredients, but if you make a big batch, you will be able to use it as you need it. (And you will want it on everything!)
The yellow rice pairs perfectly with the chicken. It helps cool things down a bit, along with the arugula salad. Here, I used frozen rice and just added the seasonings in after heating it up. It worked really well and saved the step of cooking rice, but feel free to cook your own too. Just stir the seasonings in at the beginning of cooking (or after) it will work either way.
I used chicken breasts here and they were still so juicy. Thighs would be great as well! I cooked these on my indoor grill pan as it is winter here, but these would be amazing in the summer too! You can serve yours in a bowl like this, or just make the skewers and serve with whatever you like.
Jerk Chicken Bowls / SkewersCourse: DinnerDifficulty: Easy
12 oz raw chicken, approx 2 large breasts
1 tbsp jerk seasoning (click for recipe)
1 tbsp white vinegar
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp water
1.5 cups cooked rice
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp sazon seasoning
1 tbsp butter
4 cups arugula
1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces. Combine jerk seasoning, vinegar, olive oil, and water. Add chicken and marinate for at least 1 hour. (I marinated mine for about 6)
- When ready to cook, add chicken pieces to wood or metal skewers.
- Heat a grill pan or grill to medium heat. Add skewers and cook, turning to brown. Until cooked through. About 10 minutes in a grill pan.
- Add butter, sazon, turmeric, and salt to the rice and stir until mixed.
- Toss arugula with balsamic vinegar.
- Divide chicken, rice, and arugula between two bowls. Top with cilantro.
- MFP Entries: Sprinkles and the Smiths Jerk Chicken Skewers Only & Sprinkles and the Smiths Jerk Chicken Bowls