The cutest little Thanksgiving treats! These are super easy to make and would be a fun activity to make with kids too! They travel well and would be easy to take to a gathering. They come together in just a few minutes too.
I used a spoon to press the ‘crust’ area into the muffin tins. I also used red + yellow food coloring to create orange. If you didn’t want to make mini pies, you could also make this into a large pie version by pressing it into a pie pan! Then just slice into pieces!
Here is what you will need:
- Rice Krispies Cereal
- Food Coloring
- TruWhip – or whipped topping of your choice
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?! We’d love to see it! Please leave a comment or tag me in a photo on Instagram @sprinklesandthesmiths (click icon below)
Mini Pumpkin Pie Rice Krispie TreatsCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal (divided)
2 tbsp butter (divided)
1 bag marshmallows (divided)
Orange food coloring (or yellow and red)
Truwhip or whipped topping
- Spray a muffin tin with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a large glass bowl in the microwave, add 2/3 of the bag marshmallows and microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove and add 4 cups Rice Krispies. Stir until combined and then press into 12 muffin tin openings. Keep an opening in the middle of each to add the orange ‘filling’. I used a spoon to press it up the side.
- Clean bowl then melt remaining 1 tbsp butter. Add remaining marshmallows and microwave for 45 seconds. Remove from microwave stir well and add orange food coloring until desired color is achieved. Add remaining 2 cups Rice Krispies. Mix well and then press into the middle of the muffin tins to look like a mini pumpkin pie.
- Allow to set an hour or two. Top with a dollop of Truwhip. I put mine into a small ziplock bag and cut the corner so that I could pipe it on top.