I love a good sheet pan meal! They are so easy, involve minimal dishes, and are delicious! This one is pretty, fun, and packed with great flavor. The honey mustard sauce is the perfect topping for this dish. I love sheet pan meals because while they are cooking you can clean up all your dishes and then have only one (or two) pans to clean when dinner is over! Super simple! Feel free to sub your favorite veggies here if you would rather have something else. I used mini bell peppers so I could get more color in there. They are also a bit more tender.
This meal is great for the whole family. Even though the pictures show one pan, I actually used two. You don’t want to crowd your veggies or they will steam instead of roast. Roasted veggies are the best, it really brings out the sweetness and they get a nice caramelization on them.
The sausage I used is from Aldi. You can use whatever you like, just understand it may change the nutrition. The chicken sausage I use it lower in fat than some of the other ones I have seen. I also love that they are affordable! This is a super budget friendly and filling meal. This would also be really great for meal prep! If you want to make sure this dish is gluten free, just be sure to check your sausage ingredients.
Rainbow Sheet Pan DinnerCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
4 mild Italian sweet chicken sausages (I use Aldi brand, check for GF if needed)
1 cup red and/or yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 cup brussels sprouts, halved
1 small sweet potato (125g) peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2 small red onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Honey Mustard Sauce
2 tbsp dijon or stone ground mustard
1 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place sweet potatoes and onions on sheet pan. Spray with olive oil spray and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove sheet pan and add brussels, sausage, and peppers. Spray with olive oil and bake another 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine honey and mustard.
- Once veggies are soft, remove and toss in honey mustard sauce.
- You may want to use 2 separate sheet pans. Don’t crowd your veggie or they won’t roast well.