This super simple crock pot meal turned out so well! I love an easy meal you can have ready when you get home from work. This pork is SO tender and has a hint of sweetness from the sauce, which is delicious! Instead of using a pork shoulder, which is typically used in pulled pork, I used pork tenderloin. It works great! The result is awesome. It is a much leaner cut, which means this dish has less fat. It also means that it cooked fairly quickly! You can get this one done in 3-4 hours!
I served mine with white rice and grilled pineapple, along with a few sliced jalapenos! It was perfect. This pork would be great in tacos or over cauliflower rice. Even on a pizza!
Here is what you will need:
- Pork Tenderloin
- Red Onion
- Liquid Smoke – trust me on this one!
- Pineapple Juice
- Coconut Aminos – I use these to keep the sodium down and to keep this gluten free. You can swap with low sodium soy sauce.
- Sugar Free Ketchup
- Brown Sugar Substitute – I love Lakanto brand
- Rice Vinegar
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?! We’d love to see it! Please leave a comment or tag me in a photo on Instagram @sprinklesandthesmiths (click icon below)
Slow Cooker Hawaiian PorkCourse: DinnerDifficulty: Easy
1.5 lb pork tenderloin
1/4 red onion, sliced
1 tsp liquid smoke
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup coconut aminos
1/4 cup sugar free ketchup
2 tbsp Lakanto brown sugar substitute
1 tbsp rice vinegar
- Add pork, top with onions, and liquid smoke.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine sauce ingredients in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes or so it reduces a bit.
- Shred pork and add sauce. Serve!
- MFP Entry: Sprinkles and the Smiths Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pork