These little bites are so perfect for spring! They use in-season produce and are so vibrant and fresh! I used frozen peas here because they are super easy to find, but you can also use fresh. Wouldn’t these be so cute for a St Patrick’s Day celebration? The pea shoots on top almost look like clovers! I love to top them with a flaky sea salt. (I use Maldon)
These are a breeze to make and if you are serving them for a party, you can make the pea puree ahead of time. I also serve this pea puree with roasted fish or chicken and it is great! Very versatile and so fresh! It’s such a great way to get more veggies in. Plus, did you know peas are fairly high in protein?!
Smashed Pea CrostiniCourse: Appetizers, SnacksDifficulty: Easy
1.5 cups frozen peas, thawed
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp minced garlic, roasted in a pan until fragrant
1/3 cup shredded parmesan
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp kosher salt
Small baguette, sliced into 1/2′ slices
Flaky sea salt
- Combine all ingredients (except baguette) in a food processor and blend until they reach a chunky consistency. Don’t blend too much.
- Lay baguette slices on a sheet pan and spray with olive oil. Broil for 1-2 minutes per side, watching carefully so they do not burn.
- Top baguette with pea puree and more shaved parmesan.
- Sprinkle with a flaky salt (I use Maldon) and pea shoots if desired.
- You can use this puree as a side dish as well!