This super light and fresh veggie side is perfect to serve at a summer BBQ or even a simple weeknight dinner. Pair it with your favorite protein for a complete meal. I am a sucker for peanut sauce, I can’t get enough. I love this bright and flavorful side dish. It is veggie packed and the bright lime juice adds a little tang to it, while the savory peanut sauce balances it out. Plus, it is so colorful and pretty!
This recipe comes together in just a few minutes and requires no cooking, so that is a win in my book! You can really use whatever veggies you like here. I used up a bunch of things from my veggie drawer. I love having a bag of coleslaw on hand. It is great as a side and easy to add to salads. You can also eat this as a salad if you like. I actually added chicken and ate two servings for lunch and it was perfect!
Here is what you will need:
- Tri Color Cole Slaw Mix – you can find this by the bagged salads. You can also shred up some green and purple cabbage instead.
- Carrots – shredded or julienned
- Bell Peppers – choose whatever color you like. I used red and green
- Scallions/Green Onions – slice these thin and use the whites and greens
- Peanut Butter Powder – Lakanto makes a powdered peanut butter. You can also use regular peanut butter. You may have to thin the dressing with water if using regular peanut butter.
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce – use coconut aminos for gluten free
- Sesame Oil – this gives such good flavor, try not to substitute
- Lime Juice – fresh or bottled
- Rice Vinegar
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?! We’d love to see it! Please leave a comment or tag me in a photo on Instagram @sprinklesandthesmiths (click icon below)
Thai Inspired Peanut SlawCourse: Sides, SaladsCuisine: ThaiDifficulty: Easy
3 cups raw tri color coleslaw mix
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup thinly sliced red and/or green bell pepper
2-3 scallions, thinly sliced
Black and white sesame seeds for garnish
2 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp sesame oil
Fresh limes for garnish
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Peanut Sauce
1/4 cup peanut butter powder
2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Mix all peanut sauce ingredients with a whisk in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix coleslaw, carrots, peppers, scallions, and cilantro.
- Toss vegetables with lime juice and sesame oil.
- Drizzle peanut sauce over top and garnish with sesame seeds.
- MFP Entry: Sprinkles and the Smiths Thai Peanut Slaw