I have sooo many poblano peppers growing in my garden so I am on the hunt for ways to use them. I absolutely love anything buffalo chicken so I thought this would be such a fun idea! These are packed with protein and just the perfect amount of heat! If you like them super spicy, feel free to add more buffalo sauce.
The serving here is 4 peppers, which is super filling. You can serve these peppers as a main dish or they would be fun as an appetizer too! They could be great if you are trying to do individual servings vs a buffalo chicken dip type dish. I think these would be perfect for a football snack! They are gluten free as well! If you’re trying to lower the carbs, you can leave out the quinoa, but I think it gives them a nice texture. I also love to balance my meals with healthy carbohydrates.
You can prep the quinoa ahead to decrease the prep time. You can also use pre-cooked chicken or cook your own. Even a rotisserie chicken from the store would work here. I started with almost 15 oz raw chicken, 2 chicken breasts. I cooked mine in a pan, but you can do yours in the slow cooker or instant pot. Anything goes!
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Poblano PeppersCourse: Main, AppetizersDifficulty: Easy
1/2 cup (87g) uncooked quinoa
8 poblano peppers
11 oz (311g) cooked chicken breast
1 cup (112g) reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup (120g) non fat plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup (60g) Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
1 tbsp (31g) reduced fat cream cheese, softened
2 green onions, sliced for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook quinoa according to directions.
- Slice poblano peppers the long ways and remove seeds.
- Bake empty peppers on a sheet pan for 15 minutes.
- Mix cooked chicken, quinoa, yogurt, buffalo sauce, cream cheese, and 1/2 cup of the cheese together in a bowl.
- Carefully stuff peppers with buffalo chicken mixture and top with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 10-15 minutes until bubbly and hot.
- Top with green onions and an additional drizzle of buffalo sauce if desired.
- 4 peppers per serving