This dessert has all the best s’mores flavors, but cold instead of warm! It’s easy to make and keeps well too! No campfire needed! I had to test this a few times to get this right, but we finally got there 🙂 While it is September, it is still going to be in the 80s this weekend so this is perfect! Warm days and chillier nights. This dessert would be fun to take to a BBQ or summer cookout. The graham cracker crust is layered with chocolate and whipped topping that tastes a bit like marshmallows with the vanilla protein powder. It is creamy and satisfying! After I cut mine, I kept it in the freezer for a few weeks and it was still good when I had it! So you can definitely keep it for a while, if it lasts that long!
Here is what you will need:
- Jello Sugar Free Fat Free Pudding
- Whipped Topping
- Graham Crackers
- Protein Powder – I like Clean Simple Eats, but use your favorite
- Reduced Fat Cream Cheese
- Milk – I used 1%, but you can use what you like. Do not use almond milk as the pudding will not set up.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?! We’d love to see it! Please leave a comment or tag me in a photo on Instagram @sprinklesandthesmiths (click icon below)
S’mores Icebox CakeCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
9 sheets graham cracker sheets
3 tbsp light butter, melted
1 box sugar free fat free Jello chocolate instant pudding
1 cup reduced fat milk
1 tub Skinny TruWhip or whipped topping
4 tbsp reduced fat cream cheese
1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. In a food processor, pulse graham cracker sheets until they are fine crumbs. Pour into a bowl and then add melted butter and mix until combined.
- Press graham crackers into an 8×8 pan lined with parchment paper. Cook for 8-10 minutes until golden. Allow to cool completely.
- Mix pudding mix and milk with a hand mixer according to directions, using only one cup milk. Allow to thicken in the fridge for about 15 minutes. It shouldn’t be solid, but it shouldn’t be super liquidy.
- Add half the tub of whipped topping and mix again. Pour on top of graham cracker crust. Chill for 30 minutes to an hour. Allow cream cheese to come to room temperature while you chill the chocolate layer.
- With a hand mixer, beat cream cheese and protein powder until smooth. Add the remaining whipped topping and beat again. Pour and smooth on top of chocolate layer.
- Place the bars into the freezer for a few hours to firm up. When ready to serve, cut into 9 pieces and let sit for 2-3 minutes or you can microwave for 20-30 seconds.
- MFP Entry: Sprinkles and the Smiths S’mores Icebox Cake
- These can be stored in the freezer in an air tight container for a month +. Just allow to thaw a bit before serving.