It took me a few weeks to get this one written up, but I promise, it’s worth the wait! This salad is really satisfying, but the macros are great! I love Ahi tuna. It is one of my favorite fish to eat. I get my Ahi at Aldi. They have a great quality product and at awesome price! It’s in the freezer section and about $8 for 3 pieces. This salad is packed with veggies and protein, while being low in fat. But it’s big on flavor! This sauce is one of my new favorites. It is great on a salad, or noodles…I could eat it with a spoon:)
This salad would be great for lunch or dinner. You can even prep it ahead of time. I prefer to cook my fish right before, but it would be wonderful cold as well. I probably would not reheat the tuna. It would cook too much for my liking. I love a rare Ahi tuna that is just seared on the outside.
Ahi Tuna Salad with Peanut SauceCourse: Salads, Dinner, LunchDifficulty: Easy
4 oz raw Ahi tuna steak
1 cup shredded Brussels sprouts
1 cup romaine lettuce, shredded
1/4 cup cucumber, julienned
1/4 cup carrots, shredded
1/4 of a medium avocado (13g)
1/4 cup purple cabbage, thinly sliced
Sliced green onion and sesame seeds for garnish
- Peanut Sauce
2 tbsp powdered peanut butter (I use PB2)
1 tbsp coconut aminos (GF) or low sodium soy sauce
1 tsp rice vinegar
1/2 tsp Lakanto brown sugar substitute
1/4 tsp sesame oil
- Combine peanut sauce ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add Brussels sprouts, romaine, purple cabbage, carrots, cucumber to a bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan over medium/high heat. Sprinkle ahi tuna with salt and pepper.
- Sear tuna for 1-2 minutes per side. Remove from heat and slice.
- Top salad with Ahi tuna, avocado, and peanut sauce.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
- MFP Entry: Sprinkles and the Smiths Ahi Tuna Salad with Peanut Sauce