Who needs a super simple dinner than can be ready on the table in minutes?! ME! If you cook your chicken ahead or buy cooked chicken from the store, you will be ready in just minutes! The flavors are amazing as well. Chicken Tinga tastes a little smokey from the chipotle peppers. The pineapple salsa brightens and balances the smokiness. The creamy avocado and the crunchy tostada are a match made in heaven. I don’t know about you, but I love tostadas! I will take one over a taco usually. That crunch can’t be beat! Like a giant nacho:)
In order to give the chipotle in adobo the most uniform flavor, I blend the entire can in a blender or mini food processor. The peppers are the spiciest part so that spreads them out throughout the sauce. What I don’t use, I freeze flat in a ziplock bag and just break chunks off when I need it. Super easy and prevents waste! You can top with greek yogurt or sour cream as well, but I didn’t include that in the ingredients to keep it dairy free.
Chicken Tinga TostadasCourse: DinnerCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
8 oz cooked shredded or diced chicken
1/2 cup red enchilada sauce
1-2 tsp chipotle in adobo sauce (blend peppers into sauce, then measure)
1 large avocado, smashed
1 tsp lime juice
1/4 tsp sea salt
- Pineapple Salsa
1 cup chopped pineapple
1 large or 2 small jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
2 tbsp chopped red onion
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 tsp sea salt
- Prepare tostadas according to directions. I bake for 5 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Combine salsa ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Add lime juice and salt to smashed avocado.
- Combine chicken, enchilada sauce, and chipotle sauce in a small pan over the stove and warm through.
- Top tostada with avocado, chicken, and salsa.
- MFP Entry: Sprinkles and the Smiths Chicken Tinga Tostadas