Who needs a protein and fiber packed breakfast that is ready when you wake up in the morning? These veggie packed breakfast sandwiches are just what you need! They take less than 10 minutes to prep, 30 minutes to cook (hands off), and then you can keep them in the fridge (or freeze them) so breakfast is ready when you are! I don’t meal prep a ton, but having a breakfast that is already done is especially amazing. It really speeds up the morning:)
You can use any veggies you want, but I used mushrooms and spinach. I combined eggs and egg whites (for added protein) and cook them in an 8×8 pan in the oven. Make sure to spray your pan well and they will slide right out! I chose a reduced fat provolone cheese to go with these, but you can use whatever you like. Swiss or cheddar would be great too! The nutrition for these is calculates using Thomas’s Light English Muffins. They are packed with fiber, which I love! You can use whatever you like:) I am especially fond of the buttermilk ones lately (pictured here!).
High Protein Veggie Breakfast SandwichesCourse: Breakfast, BrunchDifficulty: Easy
12 oz egg whites
2 large eggs
4 oz sliced mushrooms
2 oz fresh baby spinach
4 slices reduced fat provolone cheese slices
4 Thomas’s Light English Muffins
- Preheat oven to 325. Scramble eggs with egg whites.
- Saute mushrooms in a pan with a little olive oil spray until almost soft. Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Spray 8×8 pan with olive oil spray thoroughly. Spread mushroom and spinach mixture evenly on bottom of pan.
- Pour egg mixture over the veggies. Sprinkle with salt (and pepper if desired).
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set. (Glass pans may take a bit longer)
- Slice into 4 pieces. Toast english muffin, top with warmed egg patty and slice of cheese.
- If making ahead, do not toast english muffin. You can separate english muffin and toast or just heat up in the microwave wrapped in a damp paper towel for about 1 minute. I like to do my egg and muffin separately.
- MFP Entry: Sprinkles and the Smiths High Protein Veggie Breakfast Sandwiches