These super easy chicken enchiladas are the perfect weeknight dinner when you are pressed for time. They don’t sacrifice flavor at all! You can even make them ahead. They reheat super well! I have been trying to create more crock pot recipes lately because they make things so much easier! If you like, you could make the chicken portion of this ahead of time too then just assemble when you are ready. The assembly took maybe 10 minutes, which means dinner on the table in under 30 minutes of active cooking time. I also really dislike a crock pot recipe that requires a bunch of cooking and prep ahead of time. That is not the case here. Add chicken, add jarred salsa…ready to go!
I love a salsa verde chicken recipe. These are not spicy at all, if you are considering feeding these to your kids (or your spicy hating friends:) ) These are super mild. I added a little Greek yogurt to the green enchilada sauce to make it a bit more like a Suiza enchilada. It makes it creamy and adds a little protein!
Here is what you will need:
- Raw Chicken Breasts
- Tortillas – (I used Carb Balance, use whatever you like)
- Shredded Cheese – I used a reduced fat Mexican blend
- Salsa Verde Salsa – I used Good & Gather brand. Anything goes here.
- Green Enchilada Sauce
- Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?! We’d love to see it! Please leave a comment or tag me in a photo on Instagram @sprinklesandthesmiths (click icon below)
Salsa Verde Crock Pot Chicken EnchiladasCourse: DinnerCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
1 lb raw boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8 low carb tortillas (I use Carb Balance)
1 jar salsa verde (I used Good & Gather)
1 cup reduced fat Mexican blend shredded cheese, divided
1 10oz can green enchilada sauce
1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
Cilantro, green onions, avocado slices optional for topping
- Add chicken breasts to slow cooker and pour jar of salsa verde salsa over the top. Cook on low for 3 hours.
- Shred chicken and stir well so it absorbs as much of the salsa as possible. (I did drain a bit of the liquid. but tried to keep all the green chilis in the mixture).
- Preheat oven to 350. Take a tortilla and add chicken (it worked out to be about 2 oz per tortilla for me) and a sprinkle of cheese. Use 1/2 cup cheese in this step. Roll tortilla up and place in a 9×13 baking pan sprayed with oil. Continue for all 8 tortillas.
- Mix the can of enchilada sauce with the Greek yogurt. Pour over top of enchiladas.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of cheese over top.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with cilantro, green onions, and avocado slices if desired.
- MFP Entry: Sprinkles and the Smiths Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas
- Serving size is 2 enchiladas