Perfectly summery! This salad is so light and fresh, but packed with protein and healthy fats, so it is still so satisfying. I love grilling pineapple! It gets caramelized and even sweeter. Slightly warm, it is so good! It pair perfectly with the chili lime shrimp! The crunch of the veggies balances the creamy avocado. The poblano crema is one of my favorite dressings! The smokiness works so well here!
I have to admit, I don’t love cutting a pineapple. It is kind of a pain. Until I found this super handy pineapple cutter! It makes it SO easy! It also creates a really fun ‘cup’ out of the pineapple you could use for a fun tropical drink afterwards, haha.
When you are looking for shrimp, I like to buy wild caught without any preservatives if you can find it. Always buy shrimp frozen. It is always frozen when it is caught so if you see it thawed in a grocery store, it was frozen previously. For the freshest shrimp, just buy frozen and defrost on your own terms. You never know how long it was sitting there. Trader Joe’s and Costco both sell a Red Argentine Shrimp that fits the bill!
Here is what you will need:
- Shrimp – use whatever kind you like best!
- Chili – Lime Seasoning: Trader Joe’s sells one, Tajin is another great brand
- Pineapple – Fresh is best and will hold up better on the grill, but do what works best for you!
- Romaine Lettuce
- Red Onion
- Poblano – the smokiness really makes the dressing awesome
- Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- Lime Juice
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?! We’d love to see it! Please leave a comment or tag me in a photo on Instagram @sprinklesandthesmiths (click icon below)
Grilled Pineapple Shrimp SaladCourse: Salads, Lunch, DinnerDifficulty: Easy
12 oz large shrimp
1 tbsp chili lime seasoning
4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
4 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 avocado (70g)
4 fresh pineapple slices
1/4 cup sliced red onion
- Poblano Crema Dressing
1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
1/2 poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 Lime, freshly squeezed.
Additional cilantro for garnish
- Combine all ingredients for dressing in a mini blender or food processor until mostly smooth.
- Preheat grill or grill pan. Toss shrimp in chili lime and spray grill pan/grill with olive oil.
- Place pineapple slices and shrimp on well oiled grill. Grill both for about 3-4 minutes, until shrimp is cooked through and pineapple has grill marks. Flipping once.
- Assemble salad. Add romaine, shrimp, tomatoes, onion, avocado and pineapple to two bowls. Top with dressing and additional cilantro for garnish.
- MFP Entry: Sprinkles and the Smiths Grilled Pineapple Shrimp Salad