Thanksgiving is right around the corner and I can’t get enough of all the fall flavors! These maple spiced almonds are perfect for the appetizer table. They would also be great for a heart healthy snack too. There is no sugar added so you can feel good about eating these! They take just minutes and are super easy to make. I love most types of nuts, but almonds are particularly healthy. They have a good balance of fat and protein and are a slightly lower calorie option vs some other nuts.
I used Lakanto brand maple flavored syrup in these so I could keep these sugar free. I love Lakanto brand because they use monk fruit to sweeten their products, vs artificial sweeteners. Also, sugar free syrup has a bunch of weird ingredients. None of which are syrup! I’d rather use pure maple syrup if I had to choose.
These nuts can be stored in an air tight container on the counter for at least a week. They smell so good while they are cooking! They would be great for meal prep as a healthy snack to take with in a small container. I love to keep those Blue Diamond Almonds on hand, and these remind me of some of those fun flavors!
Maple Spiced AlmondsCourse: Snacks, AppetizersDifficulty: Easy
2 cups almonds
1/4 cup Lakanto Maple Syrup
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Salt to taste
1 tsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Bring syrup, olive oil, and pumpkin pie spice to boil and reduce to a simmer for 2 minutes, whisking to combine.
- Toss almonds with syrup mixture in a glass bowl.
- Spread on a parchment lined backing sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then allow to cool.
- Store in an air tight container on the counter