This has all the best summer produce! And I love corn, tomatoes, and avocado together. The creamy dressing is made with avocado and Greek yogurt and it so satisfying! This is perfect for a summer cookout or BBQ. It would be a great side for grilled salmon, chicken, or shrimp as well. Even a piece of grilled Halloumi if you wanted to keep it vegetarian!
This is one that you could wait to toss with the dressing until you are ready to eat, as the avocado may brown. It is so quick and easy to make though. This makes a decent serving. If you are eating it as a side with other items, you may even get 5 or 6 servings out of this recipe. I love to use fresh corn right off the cob (uncooked) when I am cooking with corn in the summer. You don’t even have to cook it and it is so unbelievable. Have you ever tried raw corn? It is the best! Give that a try here! You can also use canned or frozen, or if you prefer to cook your corn on the cob, go for it.
Here is what you will need:
- Pasta – I chose Farfalle because I love a bow tie in a pasta salad. I would stick to a short pasta shape here.
- Corn – Fresh, raw corn is my preference, but you do you!
- Tomatoes – I like smaller cherry tomatoes, halved
- Red Onion
- Avocado – makes this dressing so creamy!
- Nonfat Greek Plain Yogurt
- Lime Juice
To make this recipe gluten free, use a GF pasta like a chickpea or red lentil option. I haven’t experimented making this dairy free, but you could try your favorite dairy free yogurt. Let me know how it goes!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?! We’d love to see it! Please leave a comment or tag me in a photo on Instagram @sprinklesandthesmiths (click icon below)
Summer Corn and Tomato Pasta SaladCourse: Dinner, Sides, SaladsDifficulty: Easy
6 oz dry Farfalle pasta
5 oz cherry tomatoes, halved (150g)
2/3 cup corn, fresh
1/4 cup red onion, diced or sliced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek Yogurt
1/2 large avocado (100g)
3 tbsp chopped cilantro
1/2 lime, juiced
1/2 tsp salt
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine yogurt, avocado, cilantro, lime juice, and salt in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Combine pasta, corn, tomatoes, onion and salt. Toss.
- Top with dressing. (Once you toss it, the pasta will be green:) It’s won’t look like the picture here)
- MFP Entry: Sprinkles and the Smiths Summer Corn and Tomato Pasta Salad
- This is best eaten the same day as your dressing may brown due to the avocado. You prep ahead and make dressing when you are ready to eat.