I’m in my pineapple era, it’s so good right now! Nature’s candy! This cake is so easy and so delicious! You’d never know it is lightened up! Topped with a whipped cream and cream cheese frosting, it is a dream! It is super light and so perfect for summer!
The cake is super moist too, due to the crushed pineapple in the mix. Using fruit puree or crushed fruit instead of butter is a great way to keep cakes moist without all the fat. It is an easy swap you can use to lighten up your desserts.
I used a 20 oz can of pineapple and just used half of it. You can do the same, or you can double the rest of the ingredients to make a larger cake! You can also probably get away with an 8 oz can.
Here is what you will need:
- Flour – all purpose
- Protein Powder – vanilla is what I used. You can also sub with 1/4 cup more flour
- Crushed Pineapple
- Sugar Substitute – I always use Lakanto brand (you can shop my link for 15% off)
- Reduced Fat Cream Cheese
- TruWhip Whipped Topping – my fave, no weird ingredients
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?! We’d love to see it! Please leave a comment or tag me in a photo on Instagram @sprinklesandthesmiths (click icon below)
Lightened Up Pineapple CakeCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
3/4 cup flour (90g)
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (31g)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup Lakanto granular sugar substitute
10 oz crushed pineapple with juice
4 oz reduced fat cream cheese, softened
4 oz TruWhip Skinny
1/2 cup Lakanto powdered sugar substitute
White or clear sugar sprinkles
Pineapple for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8×8 aluminum baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, protein powder, and baking soda with a whisk in a small bowl.
- Combine egg and granular sweetener in a medium bowl with a hand mixer until fluffy.
- Add dry ingredients and crushed pineapple and mix until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. Allow to cool completely.
- With a hand mixer, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar. Add truwhip and mix until well combined.
- Add frosting, sprinkles, an pineapple to cake.
- MFP Entry: Sprinkles and the Smiths Pineapple Cake