This naturally vegan recipe is so packed with flavor, you won’t be missing out on anything! (Even if you aren’t vegan!) This salad has warm roasted cauliflower, which makes it so much more satisfying than a cold salad, especially on a chilly day. I used a jarred sauce, which you can find at Whole Foods, your local grocer, and even Costco! I used Maya Kaimal Foods Coconut Korma Simmering Sauce, which creates a slightly sweet, complex, coconut curry flavor that is fabulous. This sauce isn’t spicy, so it is also kid friendly. It’s gluten free and vegan too!
The crunchy chickpeas and the tart onions balance out the flavors perfectly! Pickled red onion is just about perfect on everything, right?! Here, I made the cauliflower in my air fryer and it was so easy. It gets the cauliflower nice and crisp! You can also roast it in the oven too if you don’t have an air fryer. This is perfect if you are trying to get more veggies in or trying to incorporate more meatless meals. Plus it is budget friendly and it’s pretty!
Cauliflower Coconut Korma SaladCourse: Salads, SidesCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
8 oz raw cauliflower florets
2 tbsp egg whites
1 tbsp flour (use gluten free for GF)
2 cups arugula
1/4 cup Maya Kamail Coconut Korma Sauce
1/4 cup crispy chickpeas
1/4 cup pomegranate arils
Pickled red onions
- Toss cauliflower florets in egg whites, sprinkle with flour and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees. Spray basket and add cauliflower. Spray cauliflower liberally with olive oil spray.
- Cook for 20 minutes tossing and spraying again halfway through.
- Meanwhile, toss 2 cups arugula with a squeeze of lemon juice and a spritz or two of olive oil.
- Remove cauliflower from air fryer and toss in Coconut Korma sauce. Add to arugula.
- Top salad with pickled red onion, crispy chickpeas, pomegranate seeds and chopped cilantro.