Peanut butter and chocolate is probably the best combo out there, right? I wanted to create a treat that used both of them and came up with these! They are salty and sweet and the perfect combo! Coming in at only 153 calories, you can eat as many as you want 😉 They are fairly easy to make and just require a little cooling between layers. Don’t forget the sea salt on top, it’s key! My favorite finishing salt is Maldon. It has bigger flakes so has more texture, it’s so good!
I bake quite a bit, so I get good use of all my baking tools and essentials. As I have gotten better at baking, I have purchased a few things that really make a difference. I use two of them in this recipe.
- 8×8 Metal Baking Pan – this cooks so much more evenly than glass. You really shouldn’t bake in glass. This is the best pan!
- Offset Spatula – this makes spreading things in a pan SO much easier. Once you have one of these, you will wonder how you ever survived without it!
I included links to my Amazon shop so you can shop all my Kitchen Essentials.
Here is what you will need for the recipe:
- Graham Crackers – regular or cinnamon work fine
- Light Butter – any brand will do. I use I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter
- Protein Powder – I love Clean Simple Eats Vanilla
- Peanut Butter Powder – Lankato makes one. PB2 and PB Fit are other popular brands.
- Peanut Butter – I used Skippy natural, but any type works!
- Sugar Free Maple Syrup – I use Lakanto brand, you can also use honey or regular syrup.
- Almond Milk – regular milk works too
- No Sugar Added Chocolate Chips – I use Lakanto brand, you can use regular as well.
- Half and Half
- Regular Butter
I really love Lakanto products. I use them for baking and cooking all the time. You can shop my links for 15% off all products! Store these bars in the fridge for up to a week. You can also freeze them. I would cut a piece of parchment paper to put between them or wrap individually.
(this post contains affiliate links)
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?! We’d love to see it! Please leave a comment or tag me in a photo on Instagram @sprinklesandthesmiths (click icon below)
Peanut Butter Chocolate Dream BarsCourse: Dessert, SnacksDifficulty: Easy
8 graham cracker sheets
4 tbsp light butter
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- Peanut Butter Layer
1/4 cup powdered peanut butter
2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup sugar free maple syrup (I use Lakanto brand)
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- Chocolate Ganashe
1/2 cup no sugar added chocolate chips (I use Lakanto brand)
2 tbsp half and half
1 tbsp regular butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor add graham crackers and pulse until they are crumbs.
- Melt the 4 tbsp butter and mix the graham crackers crumbs, vanilla protein powder, and butter in a small bowl until well mixed. Press into an 8×8 metal baking pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Once cool, mix the peanut butter powder, protein powder, peanut butter, maple syrup, and 1/4 cup water in a medium bowl until combined and smooth. Pour into graham cracker crust and smooth with an offset spatula.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes or so to set.
- Melt butter and half and half in the microwave in a medium bowl. Remove and add chocolate chips and stir until smooth. Pour over peanut butter layer and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with sea salt flakes and place in the fridge for at least an hour to harden. Cut into 12 bars.
- MFP Entry: Sprinkles and the Smiths Peanut Butter Chocolate Dream Bars
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Can freeze as well.