This is the best dessert recipe of the summer! It is so light, so fresh, so bright! It is really easy too. This would be perfect to serve on a hot day or at a summer BBQ. It’s low calorie, low carb, and has a little bit of protein too! What’s not to like?
I have to admit, I am not the most savvy when it comes to making desserts. A lot of time, I prefer to follow a recipe. I created this recipe for one of my favorite brands, TruWhip, and so I had to figure it out! I was SO happy with how this turned out! It could have been a major flop, LOL!
You only need a few simple ingredients:
- Frozen Pie Crust – I bought the Pillsbury ones that are already in the pan frozen. They came in a two pack. This is what I used to calculate the macros as pie crusts can vary.
- Cream Cheese – I used reduced fat cream cheese
- TruWhip – the best whipped topping around! No artificial colors or flavors or weird oils!
- Sugar Free Lemon Jello – this helps the pie set and gives it great lemon flavor
- Vanilla Greek Yogurt – I used non fat Dannon, but use whatever you like!
- Lemon Juice and Zest
This pie does need some time to set up. Once it is ready, it does hold up decently in the fridge if you wanted to make it the night before. After a day, it still tastes great, but the crust gets soggier as time goes on.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?! We’d love to see it! Please leave a comment or tag me in a photo on Instagram @sprinklesandthesmiths (click icon below)
Summer Lemon PieCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
1 frozen pie crust or graham cracker crust
4 oz TruWhip, thawed
4 oz reduced fat cream cheese, softened
2 oz vanilla greek yogurt
1 package sugar free lemon jello
1/2 cup boiling water
5 ice cubes
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
Additional TruWhip for topping
- Prepare pie crust according to directions and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, pour jello packet into boiling water and stir to dissolve. Add ice cubes and stir until melted. Place in fridge to cool for about 10-15 minutes until it starts to set up.
- Remove from fridge and allow to come to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, cream together cream cheese, yogurt, zest, and lemon juice with a hand mixer. Add lemon jello and mix until smooth and creamy and well combined.
- Add TruWhip and mix again.
- Pour into pie crust and place in the fridge to set for 2-4 hours.
- Top with additional TruWhip and lemon slices if desired to serve.
- MFP Entry: Sprinkles and the Smiths Summer Lemon Pie
- Macros calculated using Pillsbury Frozen Pie Crust Shells